Saturday, June 8, 2013

GARDEN PALACE BOOK REPORT #13


Finally Chapter Four is drafted once again and has been sent to the editors.

I was determined to get it done and dusted this week and fortunately all the elements combined and it was completed on Thursday.

With all the new additions and extra detail I am concerned I'm not keeping a record or keeping up with the extra bits and so continuity is a very real concern.

I will address that at the second draft stage however as then it will be more comprehensive to view the book in clumps of chapters whereas at the moment it is certainly chapter by chapter.

I am now tackling Chapter 5 which is all about the appointment of a new chief of security.

This should all be fairly unchanged as we have built up the character of Terrence Knight who has a very intimate relationship with the Director Frieda Hyman who fires the current head and puts Terrence in her place.

Originally we recognised the relationship between the current chief and Max as he was an existing staff member, but now we have to come at it from another angle.

This next chapter also introduces the staff revue which is a very important event. This can certainly take place as planned but I think it might be best to enlist the long term characters to instigate interest in the revue.

That being said i still plan to have Max in the thick of it as he does have the entertainment background.

I'm sure someone can suggest he get involved and I think I know exactly who that should be.

I'm really loving the creation of a new character Quarraalia Teasdale. She emulates someone very real to me and every moment is a joy to share the experiences I was unfortunate to have with her more realistic counterpart.

The reason I created Quarraalia is because I needed to take away a little bit of Frieda's stupidity to make the climax more believable and in the beginning I was not as clear on where i wanted to take Frieda.

I think by and large, as much as Frieda should infuriating and annoying, she is not evil, but her actions certainly do indicate a sense of evilness, but to me, this is just a desperately lonely woman in love.

So stay tuned for Chapter 5, i do think this one will be a swift edit and hopefully get the new book on track for a quicker release.

Happy reading

J G S

No comments:

Post a Comment