Friday, June 14, 2013

J G S HABITAT #2


Hey viewers,

So for a short week that certainly felt like a long one.

The Long Weekend was awesome though, it was so nice to just hang out in the peace and quiet of Ingleburn and do practically nothing.

I hit the town though on Saturday night and caused a stir amongst the locals at the world famous Ingleburn RSL Club. I decided to go down there to watch the football on the big screen as the Bulldogs were playing the Cowboys up in Queensland. I wore my Bulldogs jersey down there which was given to me for Christmas by my mum last year. Well the other Bulldog local supporters who were there were also wearing their Bulldog jerseys that they bought last year at the Grand final and when they saw mine I was swamped because it was a newer version than theirs. I certainly felt like a celebrity and I managed to get home with the jersey still in tact. The game was also a favourable one as the Bulldogs overcame the cowboys to win 36-26.



Sunday I went further afield to Ingleburn town centre and looked at all the upmarket clothing shops such as Target Country. I even ended up back at the RSL club to watch some more football.

Monday was the productive day and i caught the train into the big smoke and went to the gym in Wynyard. I then came back and did some grocery shopping for the meals for the week and washed and pressed my clothes for week as well.

Tuesday I began my commute from Ingleburn and found it quite pleasant. It was a very busy day at work due to the loss of the Monday. There was lots of talk at work about the recruitment and I was told that the suggestions had been sent to the government and once confirmed they will make job offers so again I had to sit in suspense on whether I had secured my job permanently.



Wednesday was much of the same but the commuting was giving me a lot of time to work on my book revision, though I am rather self conscious of others looking at my work on the screen so I was very secretive with the laptop.

Thursday is my long day though as I have my weekly singing lesson with Voice Teacher to the stars Peter Bodnar. After a long day of work the last person you want to see is Peter and his ridiculous vocal warm ups that are totally designed to appeal to his sense of humour and perverse interest in torture and pain. He is always angry and strict and if you ever sing a wrong note he whacks you with one of the legs he rips off the piano. Sometimes he squirts you with Mortein bug spray as he suffers terrible paranoia and often mistakes you for a mosquito in his ear. I am always so happy to walk out of his studio once a lesson is complete and I have paid him his fee which goes up $5 every week.

I'm sure you all realised that was all jokes, let's hope he does too. My voice has been changing a lot since joining Peter's studio last year and whilst I am only just making breakthroughs in releasing more air and reducing the clenched tension I am delighted as to how much more I am enjoying singing these days. It would be nice to get an opportunity to start showing off the improvements, but sadly these days I am finding it very hard to get auditions for the big shows. Hopefully going back to basics and starting to rebuild the career path will help finally bridge this gap. I thoroughly enjoy my lessons and have complete faith and trust in Peter's instruction. He is brilliant and wickedly funny.

Peter Bodnar - ageing gracefully
(image may be slightly exaggerated and not of the actual Peter Bodnar referred to in the blog)
(WARNING - this parody may not be funny)

So today was great to finally get through although it was a bit strange at work as I was taken away from my usual duties for other in-house purposes. As we are a very new NSW government funded agency, a consultant has been interviewing staff to assess whats working and whats not working and about 2-3 hours of my day was with the consultant. I was also involved in User testing of our new database that is being created and had to follow the work flow charts to ensure the new system performed the tasks correctly. It was slow and pain-staking but integral to the integrity of the upcoming database.

I rushed home to put camera-shy Willie to bed and then drove over to Mount Annan to my sister's house to watch the Bulldogs play Manly at Brookvale. We had a nice chat before the game and then I sat around the telly with Kathy and Rob, you may recall them from last week's Habitat blog, and their twin sons Cooper and Riley. The game was heart attack material full of controversy and ups and downs and went longer than the usual 80 minutes. The result was a win for my team but it was not achieved in the manner I had hoped for nor the kind I enjoy. I do think they did enough to deserve the win, but they took their eyes of the prize and were very lucky to walk away with victory in the end. But it certainly kept us happy enough to not spoil the evening. My nephew Jack came home with his girlfriend Courtney and the other boys fell asleep on the lounge. Kathy and I spent the remainder of the evening laughing at funny YouTube clips. Very fun start to the weekend.

Former Sea Eagle Trent Hodgkinson the hero of the Bulldogs tonight


Mum gets back Sunday morning so tomorrow is about getting everything in order for her happy return. Haven't heard much from her whilst cruising Alaska so there will be heaps to catch up on when she returns.

That's my habitat for this week, not very exciting perhaps but certainly has been fun.

Till next week,

J G S

No comments:

Post a Comment