Friday, June 21, 2013

J G S HABITAT #3

Don't miss this place :-)

Hello and welcome back to my habitat which is kinda gloomy today.

Last Saturday I went back over to my sisters again after cleaning my mums house all day and I hung out and watched the football again. It was nice to catch up with them again.

Sunday I had to pick mum up from the airport at 830am and I drove in but once I hit Arncliffe it was very slow and choked up traffic heading in. I decided to go around the airport and approach it from the north which turned out to be a very good idea. I parked the car in the parking area and went to her arrival gate. It wasn't long before Mum came out and we walked back to the car with her luggage and by the time I got out the car park it had only cost $8, not too bad. I caught up on some of her stories on the way back and then went through her pictures on her camera of her cruise through Alaska.

Mum, (left) in Gold, at the Captain's Table


After catching up with her I headed back to my apartment in Redfern which seemed kinda disappointing as the noise was as bad as I was expecting. But it was time to prepare for the week ahead and so I got everything in order.

The week at work was a very full and busy one and I counted down the minutes to knock off time each day. I did feel quite energetic though and after packing on a few kilo's whilst in Ingleburn I was keen to get back to the gym. So I added a cardio night for Monday to my routine and walked down to Newtown Fitness First just to mix things up. The football was on Fox so I watched the last 15 minutes of the first half whilst on the cross trainer then did some stretching and ab exercises during the half time break. I then returned to the cross trainer for half of the second half and then the cycle for the last 20 minutes. I then went to Happy Chef for a light meal and then walked home and crashed out.

Tuesday was work as usual and another gym night. I got back into my weights program and found it a huge struggle after nearly 3 weeks break. I had dropped significantly in my reps and weights but that's understandable and creates the bench mark for the improvement to get back where I was and then pass it.



Wednesday was a rest from gym - yay - and I caught up with a mate instead. We ate at Chinatown which is always a treat and then I walked home in the freezing cold. Bloody winter, i hate it already.

Thursday was my second weights night and I did a bit better than Tuesday which was reassuring. Work was really draining me this week and I was testing a new database for an hour everyday and was getting pressure from both management and testing people regarding time. My boss didn't want me gone too long and the IT guys needed me to be putting in the time to ensure the new system was tested properly. Both understandable but certainly made me feel like piggy in the middle and I kinda got annoyed with the whole set up. But with the weekend getting closer I was getting happier. After the gym I drove to Lidcombe to park my car in readiness for the Football on Friday night. I caught the train back to Redfern and was home before 1130pm. I was so tired i feel asleep on the lounge with my blanket.

Friday was a long cold day and with the promise of a visit to ANZ Stadium that night it was a fairly fast moving day. I finished the data base testing that i was given which was good and once 5pm hit i was in my Bulldogs gear and on the train to Olympic Park. I arrived at the half time of the Holden Cup which is always a good game to watch as our team is doing pretty good and they ended up winning it 23-16.

The main attraction was a different story and whilst the halftime score was only 6-10 in favour of the Roosters, it never felt like my team was on top of things. The Roosters took control in the second half and surged ahead 6-20 and there was still heaps of time but our attack just couldn't get a go on, not that the Roosters being offside all the time helped, but that's part of the game. It was also one of those nights when everything seemed to go against us like the bounce of the ball or the balance of a referee decision, or the proximately of the line it just wasn't our night. A late surge gave us something to go home with and a respectable loss of 18-20.



I am optimist with NRL and I always look for the bigger picture of things and I say when you first lose 0-36 to a team, and then only lose 18-20, you have turned it around by 34 points, and that's huge, and if that trend continues, you really hope to meet them in the Semi Finals :-)

So that's my week, just Work, Gym, Footy and Family. But it certainly fills it overwhelmingly.

See you next week.

J G S









No comments:

Post a Comment