Friday, June 28, 2013

J G S HABITAT #4

Ye Olde Musicale Castle

Well the end of another financial year and tax time loomeths.

We left off last Friday night after the football and I was staying out at Ingleburn again.

Saturday was a cold and wet gloomy day and I was hanging out at Mum's with really nothing planned except to go to my sisters that night. But we went over and had drinks and pizza whilst watching the Tigers play Canberra at Campbelltown Stadium. I thought it was quite ironic and humourous that we drove straight past the Stadium in Leumeah to get to my sisters to then watch it on TV. But when you saw those people sitting out in the freezing cold rain you kind of knew you made the right choice.

I stayed at Mum's again on Saturday night then drove back to Redfern around midday. Still rainy and yuck I stopped off at Surry Hills to get some groceries and there were no spaces in the car park, lucky I had my umbrella. I bought stuff to make meals for the week ahead to make things easier, healthier and cheaper. My unit was a mess and so i had planned to clean it up on Sunday and, well, I at least did the dishes.

Monday was back to work and it was a long day to get through. The bad weather continued to make everyone feel gloomy and irritable, including me. That night though I refused to let the weather beat me and I walked down to Newtown Fitness First again to do the cardio whilst watching the football thing. It pissed down the whole way there and back but i was sufficiently tired enough to crash out without being too bothered by the noisy arsehole neighbours upstairs.

I woke up Tuesday morning with a hideous head cold god dammit but as I still haven't signed on the dotted line to be full time, I didnt have any sick leave so I had to go to work to get paid. I bought some cold tablets from the chemist at lunch to get through the day easier. It was usually a gym night but the cold was affecting me too adversely to get any benefit from working out - its not a good thing to workout when sick peoples for many reasons. I crashed out on my lounge that night and woke at 2am and crawled into my bed.

Wednesday I was still the same and kept gobbling the tablets to get through. I was very thankful that I wasn't going to the gym that night. Watched the end of Prime Minister Gillard's reign and felt bad that history will probably mostly remember her for the politics and not the achievements. Whether you agreed with her decisions or not, and I did not agree with all of them, you have to give credit for what she achieved in a minority government in the middle of a war on two fronts being Abbott and Rudd. She must be an incredible negotiator and I hope this country gets to benefit from her skills and talents in another way. I will remember her as that immensely strong resilient successful woman who withstood undue taunts, hatred and sexism. I know I will never see another female Prime Minister in my lifetime after witnessing what this woman copped for being female. Anyway, NSW followed the origin script that night and lost so that the decider would have as much interest as possible. Cynical you ask?

Thursday I just wanted to get through it as I felt hideous with the cold and was running out of tablets. I had a short fuse and felt pissed off all day for no reason. I again had to miss gym that night but I could feel my body was really getting affected by the bug I had and rest was my only salvation.

Which brings us to Friday and I felt considerably better and had a course for the whole day that was an introduction to General Insurance. What an exciting topic that was! Several coffees later I was clock watching. Though there were some interesting details. I never knew for example that Lloyd's of London was not actually an insurer. It's simply a marketplace where insurers inhabit booths to do their business. Yes that was the most interesting fact of the day which gives you a rough idea why I was drinking so much coffee.

At the end of the day we had a team building social drink upstairs of the Macquarie Hotel in Wentworth Street. It's a nice old fashioned room and we had a bar tab so it was all free booze till about 730pm. I think I had about 5 or 6 beers in that time but I didn't feel very drunk. I think they must severely water beers down these days because I would have been hammered on 6 beers in 2 and a half hours I would have thought. I mean I was tipsy and stuff but, you know, I didn't kiss anyone which is usually a good indication of being pissed.

So yeah I walked home and watched the footy and had an early night.

Not a very exciting week but when the weather sucks and you have a crappy cold, just getting through it feels like an achievement. With the weather predicted to continue this way for the whole weekend it's a bit disappointing. But hopefully it wont be for too much longer.

See you next week, hopefully a little dryer and much more healthier.

J G S

No comments:

Post a Comment