Friday, June 7, 2013

J G S HABITAT #1


Hi Folks,

Welcome to the first installment of JGS HABITAT where I give you all an interesting little inside look into my dull little life :-)

Currently I am hanging out at my Mum's place in Ingleburn, to house sit and look after her cat Willie whilst she is cruising the Glaciers of Alaska.

This is Willie... He is a bit camera shy :-)


But last weekend was very sociable for me and probably one of the best weekends I have had in a long time.

Saturday night was most memorable due to my brother-in-law Rob celebrating his 40th Birthday in 70's style at Glebe's tucked away gem the Friend In Hand Hotel. Most of the family got into the 70s theme and dressed up and some just came as themselves - relics of the 70s. Here's a good example of that in one picture - Mum, Me and my Auntie's partner Norm.


Mum tells me that's her "frightened of the Indian" face. Clearly the kind of expression you have in the back seat of a Taxi.

But here is the Birthday boy and his lovely wife and my sister, Kathy.

                                                              (Rob is on the Right)
                                                 (No it is not Dame Edna's son Kenny)

On Sunday I had a lot of preparations to do for the week ahead but I managed to fit in an afternoon drinks session with two work colleagues Ramon and Christopher. No photos of them because they are in the witness protection program. :-)
After 5 hours of drinks at the Newtown Hotel we then raided Pie Face across the road before going our separate ways in what was one of the coldest nights of the year so far.

First thing Monday I had an interview at work with management in a bid to make my current Temp status into a full time permanent position. After 5 months acting in the role earning quite a nice wage, I am hoping to get some security and flexibility with full time status. It would mean holidays, sick pay and maintaining the current income I am enjoying with the security of a government position. Should find out next week. Should I be unsuccessful in my bid I will be throwing myself into something else.
Rumour has it that could be selling ice creams at Darling Harbour... long story.

Tuesday was kind of eventful as well as I had to have an ultrasound on my abdomen. See I found a bit of a lump in the shower last week and thought it might be a hernia. It had reduced in size considerably by Tuesday but i went ahead with it as a formality. There is more reason to believe it was an enlarged Lymph node but I forgot to pick up the results so again I will have to wait till next week.

Wednesday of course was State of Origin night however I had an even bigger agenda than watching the Blues and the Maroons. After work I drove up here to Mums and got pizza so we could watch the game together. When it was over, Mum finished packing everything for her trip and we drove down to my place in Chippendale so that Mum could stay over and be closer to the airport. I was so tired I flaked pretty quickly on my sofa bed and Mum could hear me snoring from my Bedroom.

We got up pretty early and left home at 715am en route to Central Station by foot. I dragged her suitcase through Prince Alfred Park then got her up to Platform 23. Mum gave me her city weekly and then bought a single to the Airport and so we both rode out there to International Terminal. I helped her up to the turnstiles then said our goodbyes before making sure she found her way to the elevators. She was on her own then and had no trouble clearing Customs and Immigration and filling in time before boarding. I on the other hand headed back into the city and got to work 20 minutes early. I had fully intended on heading up to Ingleburn that night but had forgotten that my real estate agents were inspecting my unit on Friday so I had to do one of those "shiiiiit" cleaning efforts. Totally wore myself out and crashed out still in Chippendale.

So that brings us up to today. I went to work as normal and then afterwards I went home and gathered my things and packed the car. I drove up to Ingleburn and did an errand for my sister before getting some food and letting Willie out of the garage after almost 48 hours in solitary. He was very happy to see me, he was very happy to see food, and he was very happy to roam around for a bit whilst I watched the Roosters and the Eels play on the TV. So now he is back in the garage and I am cozy on the couch in peace and looking forward to a little long weekend retreat out of the city and in the peace of the burbs.

It's very quiet here. I think I am the noisy one.

Well this is my habitat for the next week whilst Mum cruises Alaska. She arrived safely in Seattle now via Vancouver and is awaiting to board the Ship. She was body searched in Vancouver though haha, I aways thought she looked suss.

Anyway hope you enjoyed the first instalment of my Habitat. Until next Friday, so long...

J G S

No comments:

Post a Comment