Saturday, June 22, 2013

GARDEN PALACE BOOK REPORT #15


The Garden Palace was a truly spectacular building and in my imagination, the rebuilt building 100 yeas later would have been even more spectacular with colourful garden surrounds and water features around every corner.

Chapter 5 is complete and is on its way to the editors. So this week I have begun to tackle Chapter 6.

It is going to be a slow task as I am entering a period with other external commitments so the process becomes painstaking but once complete I will have passed the midpoint of the revised edition and that will be very satisfying.

I have recently received very good feedback from the editors and pointers to fix up when I go through with the next draft. Whilst I appreciate this feedback and intend to implement the recommendations I can't put the cart before the horse.

This current draft has one true goal and purpose and that is to relocate the story from an existing Sydney iconic building to a fictitious building that is based on a real iconic building that was destroyed by fire 130 years ago.

The next draft will pay particular attention to style and detail and of course any continuity issues.

I need to ensure all the name changes and plot tweaks have married up from chapter to chapter as well.

This will also be observed in the drafts that follow, but for now the focus is on making this story fit this new location, and lets face it, this location can be bent to suit the story, but it still needs to have the elements of the original location that inspired this adventure mystery.

Apologies for the lateness and delay of blogs, i am having some IT issues with my Internet.

Hope you are looking forward to the Garden Palace epic as much as I am.

J G S

No comments:

Post a Comment